The United States population will be considerably more racially and ethnically diverse by 2060, according to projections by the U.S. Census Bureau.1 Yet, communities of color are more likely to be uninsured2 and to lack access to comprehensive, quality care to meet their behavioral health needs than non-Hispanic Whites.3 This disparity highlights the ongoing need to reach and educate communities of color and increase understanding about the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
To address these barriers to outreach and enrollment for communities of color, SAMHSA will host a series of online webinar trainings to educate individuals and organizations who serve African American, Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI), Hispanic/Latino, and urban Indian communities about enrolling for health coverage in the Health Insurance Marketplace.
Register today for SAMHSA’s outreach and enrollment webinar series and share this information with your networks!
- The ABCs about the Impact of Literacy on Affordable Care Act Efforts in the Black Community | Register
- Wednesday, June 25, 2014 | 3 p.m.-4:30 p.m. Eastern Time
- Latino Language Access and the ACA | Register
- Thursday, June 26, 2014 | 2 p.m.-3 p.m. Eastern Time
Asian American, Native Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander
- ACA Outreach and Enrollment Challenges in Asian American, Native Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander Communities: Some Findings | Register
- Wednesday, July 9, 2014 | 4 p.m.-5 p.m. Eastern Time
U.S. Census Bureau. (2012). U.S. Census Bureau Projections Show a Slower Growing, Older, More Diverse Nation a Half Century from Now. Retrieved from https://www.census.gov/newsroom/releases/archives/population/cb12-243.html.
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. (2011). National Healthcare Disparities Report, 2010. Retrieved from http://www.ahrq.gov/research/findings/nhqrdr/nhdr10/Chap9.html.
Institute of Medicine. (2003). Unequal Treatment: Confronting Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Health Care. Retrieved from http://www.iom.edu/~/media/Files/Report Files/2003/Unequal-Treatment-Confronting-Racial-and-Ethnic-Disparities-in-Health-Care/DisparitiesAdmin8pg.pdf.